Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set a specific distance between two bodies both at an angle?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kris999QAHN
1550 Views, 4 Replies

How to set a specific distance between two bodies both at an angle?

I have a body (yellow) with a face/surface at 45 degrees, and a body (pink) at the same angle. I need them to be a set distance from each other (23,5mm to be exact), I can move body 2 (pink) along the X-axis but that doesn’t correlate to the distance I need between the to bodies. I’ve used the inspect tool to measure the distance in the picture.

This is supposed to be a travel holder, and I need to make multiple such “shelves” at various distances to fit my objects of varying size. Is there an easier way for me to do this? I used the face on body 1 to construct body 2, so they should have the exact same angle.

92663052-87D1-498C-8F36-C070EE1C8141.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: kris999QAHN

Hi,

please show a picture of real existing object and share the file

File > export > save as f3d on local device > attach to next post

günther

Message 3 of 5
John_Wright

The first thing to suggest would be to familiarise yourself with the use of Joints. Joints are a far better tool for this than Move. In fact, Move should generally be avoided at all costs in my opinion.

Message 4 of 5

@kris999QAHN, Is this what you are trying to do..?

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 5 of 5
davebYYPCU

I used the face on body 1 to construct body 2, so they should (do) have exact same angle.

Use an offset plane from that face to build in place.  Much easier than the Move Tool, what a great video to show why you should never use Move.  Joint or Build in Place.

Might help.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report