Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to patch hole after splitting T-spline?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
timjamesbrennan
591 Views, 2 Replies

How to patch hole after splitting T-spline?

Please see video below for details of a problem I am having>>>>

I am creating a device with a metal body and a glass LCD screen. I have split a t-spline body into the glass and metal parts but now I need an LCD display that perfectly matches the cavity. Is there an easy way to do this?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

If you can share your model that would help explaining this better.

In the screencast the T-SPline when split shows as a surface. That means it is not water tight and there is a hole in it preventing it from converting into a solid. You may want to check that.

Can you not use the part of the body you splint off as the start for the LCD ?

Use the splitting curve to extrude a surface that covers the bottom. Trim of the extend (split body and delete what's not needed)  and then stitch it into a solid body.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

You already have a surface that could be a screen. You have only one problem that instead of having solid bodies you have set of surfaces. You can use thickening command to turn surfaces into solids, or even better, before cutting off (your split command) make your t-spline body enclosed. When you do that it will turn in to a solid body automatically when exiting sculpt workspace. The general approach is the same as in good old Knife tutorial:

Your product is more sophisticated but still, the workflow is very similar.

Michał Lach
Designer
co-author
projektowanieproduktow.wordpress.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report