Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a component slide only when another component slides & rotates?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kr33.pillay
337 Views, 5 Replies

How to make a component slide only when another component slides & rotates?

Hi All,

I am wondering if it is possible to allow two separate components which move slightly differently to interact with each other.

My Issue:

I have a threaded screw which rotates and slides through a threaded hole on a separate body (works fine). Additionally there is another component (block) which connects to the end of the threaded screw on the other side of the body mentioned above. However, that block should only slide (not rotate) and move within the body when the threaded screw rotates and slides.

My issue is that once I join (or even use As-Built Join) the block also rotates instead of just slide back and forth. (see pic below)

No. 1 below should only move left-to-right when No.3 slides & rotates through No.2 but what is actually happening is that No. 1 also rotates and slides insync with No.3 which is not what should happen. No.3 should rotate independently of No.1 but slide inconjunction with No.1. 

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 18.11.34.png

Any guidance is highly appreciated as I am fairly new to Fusion 360.

Thank you in advance,

Krisen

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: kr33.pillay

Please attach your model, it is hard to help without it.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6
kr33.pillay
in reply to: jhackney1972

Hi @jhackney1972 ,

Please find model attached. Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Krisen

Message 4 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: kr33.pillay

If you notice, the model you sent me was an F3Z extension file.  This means it is composed of External Components which you already know.  I am returning the same type of file.  If you plan to open it, the F3Z file must be uploaded to your Cloud storage.  I will caution you, it will make a mess of your current model folder so I would recommend you create a new empty folder to Upload it to to keep your other one intact.

You have some screws floating around on the white block I did not pay attention to.  If you have questions, let me know otherwise, please select the "Accept Solution" icon on my post if this answers your question.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 6
kr33.pillay
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank you @jhackney1972 ,

I will give it a try and mark the solution accordingly.

Much much appreciated.

Message 6 of 6

The timeline of the model looks cluttered with ground/unground and position capture features. I’d clean that up before proceeding with the design.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report