Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import an image?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1443 Views, 6 Replies

How to import an image?

Is there a tutorial on how to import an image containing shapes and text, and creating a sketch from it? I haven't found anything relevant online, and although this question was asked on these forums in the past, the provided answer was a link to a help page with a GUID that is now invalid (http://help.autodesk.com/view/NINVFUS/ENU/?guid=GUID-E6389C1A-CF8D-48AD-A87D-B3278AFC2EEF). Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
zodiaceng
in reply to: Anonymous

You can Insert a Canvas thru the Insert tab at the top. You'll have to pick a plane, then image and scale it. You can right click the canvas and calibrate it with some dimensions between a couple points. This is just going to be for reference though. You won't be able to snap to any details on the image once imported. Something like that is best in AI and export as a .dxf from there then import it into Fusion. 

www.zodiaceng.com
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: zodiaceng

AI?

Message 4 of 7
zodiaceng

Adobe Illustrator 

There are some free online JPG to DXF converters but they're not very reliable. 

www.zodiaceng.com
Message 5 of 7
PhilProcarioJr

@Anonymous

Can you post you image? I know a really fast and easy way I would like to try.

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

Message 6 of 7
dkartik
in reply to: PhilProcarioJr

@PhilProcarioJr  I am having the same question now I am attaching the imagekartik_foam_051.jpg

Message 7 of 7
PhilProcarioJr
in reply to: dkartik

@dkartik

Look at the file attached and see if this is what you want.

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report