Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Fillet Between 2 Solids

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
paulV9CCG
2700 Views, 8 Replies

How to Fillet Between 2 Solids

I have 2 solids: a cylinder and a Rectangular bar touching the cylinder along the straight edge. I wish to fillet between them but it seems the fillet command works on 1 part only. Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TrippyLighting
in reply to: paulV9CCG

Parts ? Do you mean bodies, or components ?

Use "Modify->Combine" with the  "Join" option to make one body out of it. Then you can fillet the interface.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
paulV9CCG
in reply to: TrippyLighting

I meant components. We are going to weld two parts together. I'd like to model that:

Cylinder to be weldedCylinder to be welded

Message 4 of 9
TheCADWhisperer

@paulV9CCG wrote:

I meant components. We are going to weld two parts together. I'd like to model that: 

Autodesk Inventor Professional has a weldments environment.

Welds.PNG

Message 5 of 9

Perhapses if the user had posted to the Inventor forum this would have been helpful. 

Kevin Schneider
Message 6 of 9
schneik-adsk

I attached a video on one way to model a bead using a base feature and combine booleans.

Kevin Schneider
Message 7 of 9
paulV9CCG
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Unfortunately I am not an Inventor user. I would like to fillet between two components in Fusion 360. This is useful in assemblies when one wishes to weld 2 parts together or in pattern making when fillet material is applied(i.e. wax shaped as a fillet).
Message 8 of 9
g-andresen

Hi,

one way to show a weld is as follows here.

1. create 3 point arc in sketch mode an extrude the profil

2. put a nice texture (e.g. galvanized large) on the faces

günther

Message 9 of 9
paulV9CCG
in reply to: g-andresen

Wow, that's great!

A simple solution leaving the two components intact and showing the weld as a separate body.

Thank you very much.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report