Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Edit VALUE of Text in a Sketch

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
fsonnichsen
301 Views, 4 Replies

How to Edit VALUE of Text in a Sketch

I have never used text before---

How do I edit the VALUE of Text in a Sketch (see attached) once it has been entered?  Right-click, left-click, select-and-click.....nothing seems to work.  With the last method I get an amorphous pink selection area and a right-click shows an Edit Text option--but this only asks for a "path" and I am not doing text on a path

(very rarely a right click has rendered a panel where I can change the text but only very rarely!)

Thanks

Fritz 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: fsonnichsen

Hi,

Rightclick sketch > EDIT SKETCH 

edit.gif

günther

Message 3 of 5
fsonnichsen

Thanks Gunther--apparently one must click exactly on the text item--not the box. I enlarged the area and it worked OK after that.

Fritz

Message 4 of 5
bwnicholspe

Ay yi yi, spent about 10 minutes trying to figure why I couldn't edit text -- remember to check status of your selection filters! 

Message 5 of 5
fsonnichsen
in reply to: bwnicholspe

Good.

I certainly hope the Fusion teams monitors issues like these when they add features to future releases. Seems like software a one time was more intuitive and the authors would attempt to guess the most likely move of the user to accomplish something and then make it happen that way. 

Lately I have reams of "cheat sheets" that I need for how to do things with various languages and products because they are so inconsistent

cheers

Fritz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report