Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create custom wood appearances?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
4921 Views, 8 Replies

How to create custom wood appearances?

I am new to Fusion and coming from SketchUp. I have been using SketchUp for 6 year and always used edited images for wood textures. The default process was to share screenshots with clients rather than rendered images.  We used Podium SU plugin when creating renderings from SketchUp and always used Podiums texture warehouse.  

What is the best method for creating new wood appearances for Fusion?  

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Beyondforce
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKEecrXqPA4

http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/making-it-look-good-apply-and-edit-materials-in-fusion360/

Cheers / Ben
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Ben Korez
Owner, TESREG.com & Fusion 360 NewbiesPlus
TESREG - Fusion 360 Hardware Benchmark
Facebook | YouTube

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Beyondforce

Thanks Ben!  I'll check it out and be in touch.  

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

I'm not sure I was very clear in my request. 

I use a few different wood species with very unique grain patterns that are not available in the Fusion materials warehouse.  How do I create a new material that can be used in Fusion?  

In SketchUp, I would use Photoshop to edit images and import as a new texture.  Are there specific methods for doing something similar in Fusion?   

Message 5 of 9
TrippyLighting

You can simply copy an existing texture in Fusion 360 (not one of the 3D or Solid wood textures) and then edit it's properties, for example use a different image for the diffuse and bump/normal map channel. I can make a screencast if it's not clear how to to this.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

If it's not too much trouble a screencast would be great.  I appreciate the help. 

Message 7 of 9
Beyondforce

Hi @Anonymous

I hope this helps 🙂

Cheers / Ben
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Ben Korez
Facebook | YouTube

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Beyondforce

Yes very helpful!  Thank you.   I'll let you know if I have any questions.  

Message 9 of 9
Beyondforce

My pleasure 🙂

Ben Korez
Facebook | YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report