Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a Panel that fits different sloped Sides

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
ianhughes7UFVF
1060 Views, 21 Replies

How to create a Panel that fits different sloped Sides

Hi

I am creating a 3d Printed version of the Dr Who K9 and I have completed the Body on it but struggling with the head.

K9 45.JPG

As you can see it has a number of different angles to the sides and what I need to do is create a smooth plate that inserts into the sides that is 6mm thick.

I have tried everything including filling the inside with a solid body and trying to cut it but the varied angles doesn't work.

Any direction on how to create this would be great. I have the feeling I need to take all the edges into accound and create or sculpt the side.

Any help would be great.

I have attached my file I am working on.

Kind Regards

Ian

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22

Hi

I tried the spline numerous times with the same effect.

I can try the opposite side, but wonder if its how I have created the rest of the project that is effecting the head. As in something interfering.

I did get it to work once and didn't save it as I could get the replace face to work so I may go back in my saves and see if I can find the project that actually works.

This is one of those things that I would love someone to make the change and send me the file, as its very frustrating to have something that just wont work.

Kind Regards

Ian

Message 22 of 22
davebYYPCU
in reply to: ianhughes7UFVF

Does this one help?K9DB2.PNGK9DB1.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report