Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect a curved line segment to a straight line segment.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Im1in260m
184 Views, 3 Replies

How to connect a curved line segment to a straight line segment.

I want to connect a short curved line to a straight line. Constraints will not allow me to make the two coincident. When I choose the curved line the coincident option is disabled. Without being able to connect the two, I cannot finish the sketch with closed geometry. I need this sketch complete so I can loft the base to the top of the model. In the attached file you will see the problem exists in three separate sketches.

Thank you.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: Im1in260m

Your sketch already has Coincident Constraints between the end curves and the straight sides, you just need a couple of other constraints and dimensions to make it fully constrained.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: Im1in260m

You can also accomplish the same thing using your Handle sketch.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 4
Im1in260m
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank you, John, for your reply. I was still not able to duplicate your moves. I get "Over constrained" errors. But I was still able to export it to an STL file and print it. I frequently run into problems like this which tells me I am doing it wrong in the first place.

I'm marking this thread as answered so it isn't sitting open.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report