Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change colour on textured (leather) apperance?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
raphaelNQSHR
1588 Views, 4 Replies

How to change colour on textured (leather) apperance?

Dear beautiful people,

Im stuck ahead of my first rendering.

I've modeled a handbag with the Leather (Matte) texture which id like to render in several different colors. Only how do I change those? When right-clicking in the appearance menu I don't get the usual UI for the colour matrix.

Thank's in advance for your help!

All the best,

Raph.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nkloski
in reply to: raphaelNQSHR

I think you can manually change the color by clicking the dropdown arrow and changing from "image" to "color" (as shown)?

leather.PNG

Nick Kloski
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: raphaelNQSHR

You just need to right click on the color then selec edit option. After that click on drop down arrow and select the color of your choice. Follow the steps given on the following screen cast, it will be more easy for you to understand and get your issue sorted out.

Thank You!

Sumeet Chavan 

Autodesk Student Expert,Autodesk Student Expert_icon.png

Message 4 of 5
theworkerofwood
in reply to: Anonymous

I could be wrong, but it looks like you just swapped out a solid color for the leather texture. You didn't actually change the color of the leather.
I'm having the same issue as the OP. 
I can't keep a texture, but just change the color a bit. Like making a darker wood, more blonde color. I want to see the same texture, just modify the color.
Is this possible.

Message 5 of 5

The leather textures are image-based textures, meaning an image is mapped onto the geometry. This isn't just one image. It can be a number of images. One for the base color, one for the bump or normal map. Another one can be used to modulate the roughness of the material.

You'd have to track down the location and find the image that defines the base color and modify hat using image manipulation software such as Photoshop, GIMP, Pixelmator etc.
The screenshot below can be accessed when editing the advanced features of an appearance material.

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 1.10.32 PM.png

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report