Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change assembly from "wireframe/x-ray" and make it solid when placing a new component

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
yateslowell
474 Views, 2 Replies

How to change assembly from "wireframe/x-ray" and make it solid when placing a new component

I am creating a wooden box to store canned goods for an emergency.

I can see all solid components when I select the top level assembly.   Fig 1.

I then create a new component (Left Side Plywood) and add a new body to it.  When I select and make "Left Side Plywood" active, I see the component I  just created and a wireframe or x-ray type view of the  rest of the assembly.  Figure 2.

The issue is that when I want to do a point to point move of the new "Left Side Plywood to move it to a certain point on the main assembly.  The multiple layers "wireframe/x-ray" image makes it difficult to find the proper destination  point.  Figure 3.

It is especially challenging when there is many components displayed and I am trying to locate the correct point to move it.  Fig 3 again.

I checked the "Display Settings -->  Visual Style --> Shaded with visible edges only" and it didn't work.

Here is the software version information.

Active Plan: Fusion 360, Personal
Windows 10 (19042)

Regards,

Lost and confused

yateslowell_0-1616121788810.png

Figure 1

yateslowell_1-1616121826446.png

Figure 2

yateslowell_2-1616121862405.png

Figure 3

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
g-andresen
in reply to: yateslowell

Hi,

change this setting in your preferences

active comp 2.png

günther

Message 3 of 3
yateslowell
in reply to: g-andresen

I unchecked it and is is working the way I want now.  Thanks for the solution!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report