Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I generate paper template out of face of tube with holes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
agoslinski
2007 Views, 5 Replies

How do I generate paper template out of face of tube with holes

Hello

I made model of cylinder with some holes in it (picture below).

How do I generate a paper template from face (selected on picture) so I can glue it to metal pipe and drill out those holes?

I am unable to make templates out of sketches because as far as I know there is no tool in Fusion to wrap sketch around tube.

tube.PNG

Best regards

Andrzej Goslinski

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
HughesTooling
in reply to: agoslinski

If you don't mind starting again you could design it as a sheet metal part. I made the screencast below as an example for someone else. When you have the design finished you can create a flat pattern and create a 2d drawing you can export as a PDF file.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

There's also a addin, ExactFlat here that might work.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
agoslinski
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thanks for answer, I wanted to avoid modeling it from scratch but I think it is unavoidable.

Message 5 of 6
agoslinski
in reply to: HughesTooling

ExactFlat works like a charm, initially I ignored it because I thought that it is not free.

Message 6 of 6
tom.cleaver
in reply to: agoslinski

As of 2019, please disregard any advice to try Exactflat. The company have removed their 30 day option and the yearly subscription is eye-wateringly expensive. What's more, the customer service cannot be considered polite.

Meshmixer will produce patterns. The process is tricky and laborious but works. It is also free.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report