Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete an item that I created?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
dtejan
836 Views, 15 Replies

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
jeff_strater
in reply to: dtejan

@dtejan - can you add some more information here?  What do you mean by an "item"?  a component/body/sketch in the model?  An entire design in the data panel?  What is it you want to delete?  Add a screencast or screen capture and maybe some more explanation, and you'll get better help.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 16
dtejan
in reply to: jeff_strater

I created a sketch then extruded it (making it a solid?). I cannot move or copy this object to save my ass. I have watched a couple of tutorials on moving a solid object. They chose the object and it turns blue- OK fine. When they select "move", arrows appear on their object and they are allowed to move it. When I try the same thing my object immediately turns back to gray and I cannot do anything with it.  What am I missing here? Thank you for any help.

Message 4 of 16
dtejan

how do I get the arrows to appear on my object so I can manipulate it as they are doing in the tutorials?

Message 5 of 16
jeff_strater

@dtejan, we'll need more info to go on.  Can you share your model here (here are the ways to do that:  How-to-share-a-Fusion-360-design), and record a video of what you are trying to do?  I'm sure the answer is pretty simple, but without more data, it's hard to say what's going on.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 6 of 16
dtejan
in reply to: jeff_strater

so i just created a simple solid block next to my item and now I can move and copy my original item using the arrows. I could also delete the simple block item. Everything works now. I don't get it.

Message 7 of 16
dtejan

OK so now I had to erase some things and move some things and we are right back to the same program where I cant manipulate the object.

Message 8 of 16
dtejan

Ridiculous. Why did autocad make this so confusing?

Message 9 of 16
etfrench

How many of the tutorials have you watched and how much of the documentation have you read?

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 10 of 16
dtejan
in reply to: etfrench

I am watching bits and pieces from different tutorials. 
I would like to design something simple without studying the software for weeks.
Perhaps you can tell me why my fully constrained and dimensioned sketch will not change blue lines to black???
I would really appreciate some help with that.

Message 11 of 16
etfrench

While I occasionally enjoy a good guessing game, in this case more clues are required to find the answer.  Do as @jeff_strater says in posts #2 and #5 and attach your file and/or a screencast.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 12 of 16
ahsan.autodesk

Hi @dtejan,
You wrote: "Ridiculous. Why did autocad make this so confusing?"
Did you have a question on AutoCAD or Fusion? Are you sure you're in the right forum?
Regards,
Ahsan Ali
Fusion Senior Software Architect
Message 13 of 16
dtejan
in reply to: ahsan.autodesk

OK so when i run into this problem of not being able to delete a body (absolutely nothing happens when selecting and clicking delete in several different ways- no error message - nothing) The only way I have found to delete it is to create ANOTHER body- then delete. A message comes up "this body is referenced by other bodies are you sure you want to delete" or something like that. 

Message 14 of 16
etfrench

See post #11

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 15 of 16
dtejan
in reply to: etfrench

cant deal with this anymore
what else do you have or who is your biggest competitor?

Message 16 of 16
etfrench

Your problem would be easily solved if you followed directions.  Deleting bodies, components, sketches, etc. is quite simple, so in order for anyone to help you, you'll have to provide your file (File|Export|Archive file *.f3d and attach to your next post) and a screencast.

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report