Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i update outdated drawings with updated title block

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
oliverchatwin
538 Views, 4 Replies

How can i update outdated drawings with updated title block

HELP i have done roughly 1000 drawings for various parts using a title block that i created in fusion since the new editable title block option has become available. I have been using a template to create my drawings. Today, the title block information had to be updated and all previous drawings now must use this newly updated title block. I cannot seem to find a way to update all my previous drawings with the new title block without having to draw each part again. In the future i may need to add new information to the title block if my business transitions again. Is there something i am missing here as i believe this is something that really needs to be available if it isnt already. Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cmiller66
in reply to: oliverchatwin

Hi Oliver,

Unfortunately what you describe is not possible. Once the drawing is created, the title block is inserted in the drawing and there isn't a way to swap this out.  If you had an external DWG inserted as the title block, you could re-insert that on a per drawing basis, or alternately depending on the nature of the change in the title block, you'd need to re-open each existing drawing and edit that drawing's title block for the updated information.

I will forward the request to the team. In the meantime you can submit this suggestion to the IdeaStation.

Thanks,
Chris

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

@cmiller66 

Any solution or workaround to this problem???  I am in a similar situation now...

@oliverchatwin ,

did you find a workaround?

Message 4 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

follow the screencast

Note: No Quick add ( + )

add sheet_.png

günther

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

@g-andresen 

That must be a strong candidate for the "workaround award of the year"!

I thought I had tried everything in order to force a reload of the template file...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report