Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hobbyist free version license

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
x_ad
139 Views, 3 Replies

Hobbyist free version license

I saw great reviews of the free hobbyist version of Fusion 360 in the DIY woodworking forums.   But when I went to download it I noticed that (A) the version is 100% online (not a problem) and (B) the license is only for 3 years.

My woodworking is purely for use in my own home, I am close to retirement, do not expect to ever generate any income from my designs and I will never be able to afford the regular annual license price of Fusion 360. 

Did I misunderstand the 3 year free license?  Is it perhaps a free license that can be renewed indefinitely as long as I keep meeting the no-profit requirements? 

Or does it really expire after 3 years, with all designs becoming lost at that time?  In other words... should I forget about Fusion 360 and go for one of the more limited but fully free design applications like Sketchup?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Drewpan
in reply to: x_ad

Hi,

I don't think you will have a problem. My experience here on the forum is the free version is free, just limited in a

few ways that don't really bother hobbyists and such. I think you will find it is more of a "hey, have your

circumstances changed in the last three years?" kind of thing. If they never checked then I am sure some people

would try to abuse the privelege.

Cheers

Andrew

Message 3 of 4
x_ad

So, it is really a no-time-limit license with checks every 3 years to make sure you are still a hobbyist?  If so, that would be perfect.

Message 4 of 4
jhackney1972

You are correct, you can renew every three years until Autodesk changes its policy.  There is one thing I think you should be aware of.  When you sign up for the Fusion Personal License (formidably called the Hobby version) you will set up an Autodesk ID and Password.  You want to use this same Autodesk ID to renew your license, when the time comes, to keep access to your Cloud data.  You can change the password if needed by managing your Autodesk Account but you do not want to change the Autodesk ID.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report