Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help stuck in patch!

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
patman1
269 Views, 3 Replies

Help stuck in patch!

I am trying to add faces to a wireframe I made using splines and lines in the sketch workspace. Then when I open the Patch workspace and start selecting lines, some of the faces come out great. Then other times when I select a line it will add a line that is connected to it for another face but is not joined to it. How do I go about deselecting either line to make it  just the one line, I've tried going back to the sketch and breaking the lines but its already separated. any help would be great.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: patman1

Please attach your model.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: patman1

"How do I go about deselecting either line to make it  just the one line"

Use CTRL (CMD on Mac) to be able to de-select boundary curves in Patch.  You can also uncheck "Enable Chaining" to give you more control over boundary curve selection:

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 5.49.38 PM.png

However... Building an entire model using Boundary Patch is probably not an ideal workflow.  You may be able to build the model, but you could end up with some pretty bad geometry (bad curvature, "wiggly" edges, not precise edges, etc).  I would not recommend this workflow, TBH.

I cannot tell what final shape you are trying to achieve, but perhaps Loft might be a better tool to use, either in Solid or Surface mode.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 4
patman1
in reply to: jeff_strater

thank you for the advice and your time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report