Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! How do I make angled table legs?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
2821 Views, 9 Replies

Help! How do I make angled table legs?

Hi guys!

I am a student working on a project in Fusion 360, and I'm really new to the program. I've been trying to design a dining table, but I've been struggling to create the table legs. The design I wanted to use has angled legs, and whenever I try to create it, it becomes extremely distorted. I'm not sure how I should approach this. I've attached a photo of the table I am trying to replicate, which is called an "XY Base Dining Table".

If you have any tips, advice or videos to recommend, please send them- I'm really stuck, and I'd appreciate all the help I can get!

Thank you so much for your time 🙂

Labels (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys!

I am a student working... ...whenever I try to create it, it becomes extremely distorted. 

If you have any tips, advice  ...

File >Export and then Attach the *.f3d file of your attempt here.

Has your instructor covered how to fully define a sketch?

Has your instructor covered Extrude? Sweep?

Do you have physical access to this table, or only access to pictures?

Message 3 of 10
laughingcreek

this design is easier to understand once you realize the members making up the base don't all have the same cross section-

laughingcreek_0-1598934509208.png

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

My instructor has only really covered the basics, so I'm mainly in the dark here.

I do know how to use extrude and sweep, or at least just the basics on how to use them. However, I don't know how to define a sketch. My only attempt so far was a complete fail...  it's really embarrassing. This is my first time creating an actual design in fusion.

I don't have access to the table either. I just really liked the design of the legs, so wanted to go for something similar- it doesn't have to be completely identical. I was planning on modifying the table top a bit.

The file I attached is just of one leg I tried to create, but it was a complete fail.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: laughingcreek

Wow, that design is perfect!

If you don't mind me asking, could you explain how you made them? Thanks so much!

Message 6 of 10
g-andresen

Hi,

Just follow the timeline and double-click on a feature to get the information you need.

günther

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: g-andresen

I was just looking through the timeline! 🙂

It's very helpful, except I was a bit confused by the first step. I was wondering if I could have a more in depth explanation- there's a lot in one step, and I'm not too sure how I should start, or how to sketch lines at different angles.

Aside from that, I think I'm pretty confident to do the rest!

Message 8 of 10
g-andresen

Hi,

maybe this helps:

tischbeine.png

Enable 3-D-sketch in the Sketch Palette.

günther

Message 9 of 10
laughingcreek

That first skewtch in my example is a 3d sketch.  I did it that way b/c it was easier for me.  but 3d sketching in fusion is wonky sometimes.  as a new user I would suggest sticking with 2d sketches at first.  attached is one way of developing the paths for the leg using just 2d sketches (as compaired to the 1 sketch I did using 3d, which might illuminate why I chose to do it that way).

see if you can replicate this.  un-like what I did, lock everything  down with dimensions (particularly the first sketch)

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: laughingcreek

Okay, thanks so much! I think I should be able to create the table now. The method used for the table is a lot better than what I was trying to do before.

I appreciate all of your help! Have a great day.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report