Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Flattening some Surfaces

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ARTHUR-HM
215 Views, 3 Replies

Help Flattening some Surfaces

I'm trying to adjust the little pyramid type shape in this image so it runs flush with the surfaces coming from the bottom of the image. I'm not sure the best way to go about something like that. If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be great!

I also included the file as well, though I hacked down the part to just this area as I'm not supposed to share the whole thing. 

question.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
HughesTooling
in reply to: ARTHUR-HM

Do you want to extend the face so it runs into the flat surface or do you want to cut it back and blend.

If extending is OK here's an idea using draft then extrude. If you want to cut back you could just run the draft in the other direction.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
ARTHUR-HM
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thanks for chiming in. That's a neat trick. I didn't think about that. The surface you rotated and drafted down. I would actually like to delete that surface, and basically close the gap left so it's a smooth transition. The surface the arrow is pointed at needs drop down more to close that gap left if you deleted the drafted surface.

Does that make sense? Having trouble describing what I'm trying to do here. 

Message 4 of 4
HughesTooling
in reply to: ARTHUR-HM

One problem is the flat face goes across the curved face to the left of the triangular area.

tool2.png

I made a new extrusion to blend the arc into the flat face.

before.png

All looked good with a patch until I press OK then it fails. Extracting the edge shows up some problems, is the original model imported and did you need to stitch it together? One problem with stitch is the default tolerance is 1.0mm .04" and it'll pull faces together that should fail.

Screencast shows the problems, I've attached the file in this state don't know if anyone can come up with a way to get patch to work. History's enabled in the file so you should be able to figure out what I was try to do.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report