Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generative design

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
538 Views, 6 Replies

Generative design

Hi,

I'm using the Fusion 360 trail version to see if it meets my needs for design and additive manufacturing. And I understand that the some of the tools like the generative design and topology optimization is not accessible with this version or with the student version. 

But since it is a trial version shouldn't you at least let the users fiddle around these new features to get the hang of it. 

My main purpose to download this software was to play around with generative design and topology optimization but can't access it and have no idea of its interface so how can I buy this product?

Or can you be able to atleast give me a few days of license to explore these new features please?

If other users have already risen this question i'm really sorry.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
lichtzeichenanlage
in reply to: Anonymous

I guess it's because of the costs. AFAIK $25 for a (batch) calculation and $100 per download of one result. A calculation results in many results. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: lichtzeichenanlage

Hi,

But that's when you try to solve it with the cloud. We can always use our computer to solve the simulation isn't it?

correct me if i'm wrong.

Message 4 of 7
lichtzeichenanlage

No, you can't. AD claims you need a little CPU farm for the calculations.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

okay, so i totally misunderstood its performance.

Thanks

None of the other software's free trial offers this option as well. seems like the only solution I've got is to buy it without experimenting it first.

@Anonymous

any solution?

Message 6 of 7
lichtzeichenanlage

Unless Fusion 360 is subscription based, you could go with one once month and you could do you tests (I guess). That should limit your risk in investing to much money.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,

Yes i totally agree with you. I've been thinking about it too. And that's the only option I've got so far. Use it for a month and then cancel the subscription.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report