Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion Drawings - unable to dimension chord line of fillet / radius, only snaps to beginning or end.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Sean3073
241 Views, 6 Replies

Fusion Drawings - unable to dimension chord line of fillet / radius, only snaps to beginning or end.

First thank you for your time. 

My issue is I am trying to dimension to the chord line of the radius / fillet. If you look in the attached image the highlighted dimensions only seem to snap to the proverbial beginning or end, not the center / chord line. Is there a way to do this? 

1234.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: Sean3073

You need to attach your MODEL so the Forum users can create and drawing and attempt to show you the answer you desire. 

If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 7
Sean3073
in reply to: jhackney1972

I can't send the original due to NDA, but here is a quick model of what I am talking about.Screenshot 2024-06-18 134240.jpg

Message 4 of 7
jhackney1972

I am not sure what you mean by the symbol between Center and Chord line.  It looks like a parallel symbol so I will offer this.  The Chord of the Fillet must be added as a sketch in the model and displayed in the drawing.  I colored it red in mine to emphasis.

Center to Chord.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 7
Sean3073
in reply to: jhackney1972

Here is another example of what I am trying to do. I need to be able to dimension from this sketch dot. Well not the dot but that coordinate off of the fillet. It's the center / apex / chord line.

Put another way, I have a print (go Raytheon from 20 years ago) that calls out the center of the fillet. I modeled it that way but for some reason I can't get a dimension to it.  Another example I am trying to convey is I am trying to get a dimension to the very crest of the fillet laterally as seen in my first post. 

Radius Dim. v1.jpg

Message 6 of 7
-KyleWilliams-

Hey @Sean3073

You should be able to right click when placing the dimension and selecting Curve X/Y Min/Max in the list of options.

Please let me know if this is what you're looking for.

Thanks,

Kyle Williams
Senior Customer Advocacy Manager - Design and Documentation
Ontario, Canada

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 7 of 7
Sean3073
in reply to: -KyleWilliams-

Thats it! THANK YOU!!! I have called several friends on the phone and no one knew how. You have solved this. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report