Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 for iPad please

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
4716 Views, 21 Replies

Fusion 360 for iPad please

As a cad user.. more specifically fusion 360 I’m waiting to buy the iPad Pro until you guys release a version for iPad utilizing the Apple Pencil 

that would be awesome!

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
rpf1968
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi raydio I too would very much like to see full Fusion 360 optimised for the Ipadpro - I would suggest googling Fusion 360 Idea Station and voting on threads there on this subject (which there are a few).

Cheers Richard

Message 3 of 22
TrippyLighting
in reply to: rpf1968

The idea station is closed 😉

EESignature

Message 4 of 22
rpf1968
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Thanks Peter

Has it been replaced or is there now no way of sharing of and voting on ideas?

Regards

Richard

Message 5 of 22
lshank

I am so looking forward to this too! I just purchased an iPad pro. It can even run full Photoshop now - Adobe is going all-in on the iPad. Unfortunately, the only reasonable CAD program right now is Sharpr3D - which looks pretty good, but it's not nearly as robust as FUSION. Any plans on the roadmap?

Thx!

Laura Shank

Message 6 of 22
TrippyLighting
in reply to: lshank

I cannot really speak for Autodesk, but I can say that I haven't heard ever form the team that they are even working on an iPad version.

EESignature

Message 7 of 22

There is Fusion 360 mobile client available for iOS, which has the review capabilities, not exactly the design. It can be used for all the review workflows, other collaboration activities. 

See if you can use it for your immediate need. 

See this link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fusion-360/id991074843

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly.

Regards,

Sasi

Sasikanth Kollipara 
 Sr. Quality Engineer in Fusion
Autodesk
LinkedIn
Message 8 of 22

@sasikanth.kollipara - I personally find the review functionality to be of zero use.  It's wonky to use as a mean's of "review" (I would never try to use it with a customer), and of course you can't do any cad work (which is what I think the OP is looking for).

I wonder how much other's are using this functionality?  

Message 9 of 22

@laughingcreek wrote:

I wonder how much other's are using this functionality?  

I'd also be interested in hearing if and how others use that app.

I've installed it a number of times but always ended up uninstalling it. The web-viewer seems to provide better functionality and definitely better 3D quality as it really a semi-realistic render quality including lighting, shadows, textures.

I can send someone a link to the design and they can view it interactively without having to install an app. 

But then I don't really believe that app is what the OP is looking for at all. I would not be either!

EESignature

Message 10 of 22

Hi Sasi - Thank you for your suggestion, but that's not really what I need. It would be fantastic to be able to do work on the iPad - creating parts/models. Even if some of the other functionality were not present the "app" version, the ability to model, import/export files, and create drawings and animations would be wonderful!!

Laura

Message 11 of 22

Thanks all for the valuable feedback.  I always believe the comfort of designing the model is more in the system than a mobile device/ipad. But definitely with the latest device set, it could be more friendly. Please post your ideas and it could be picked based on the priority.

Regards,

Sasi

Sasikanth Kollipara 
 Sr. Quality Engineer in Fusion
Autodesk
LinkedIn
Message 12 of 22

The difference ist not in the device, it’s in the UI.  The device “just” has to have enough power and efficient APIs to access the power.

Download and use Shapr3D and you’ll see what I mean. What most users who make this request don’t understand is that to use Fusion 360 on a tablet device without a keyboard a different UI is needed.

EESignature

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous

Hoping that there's a release soon for fusion 360 to run in the iPad pro with the pencil and the keyboard.

This will make things so much easier at schools that are planning to roll out iPads pro for years 9-12. Specially for Design and Technology subjects in wood and metal contexts.

Much anticipated update for Fusion 360.

Message 14 of 22
hoegge

I think the current review feature is very useful and that a "real" Fusion 360 for iPad is a waste of development resources, that will take too many compromises and take focus from the real application. All surplus effort should be put into speed and stability of the desktop versions instead.

Fusion for Linux would be much more relevant, so users are not locked in to Microsoft or Apple

Tags (3)
Message 15 of 22
JimWatL
in reply to: rpf1968

You absolutely need an iPad fusion360 solution. I currently use SHAPR3D which is very good but is much more limited in creation. A lighter version with simple tools would be a good start. The iPad is today an extremely powerful tool, for nomadic and creative people. It would be a shame to deprive us of this device with fusion360.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous

Just going on a limb here, since the new Macbook Air CPU architecture changed and now have shared architecture with iPad Pro...

assuming fusion 360 works well on M1 chip on Macbook air, why can't you port it to app-store with minor GUI/control changes?

Message 17 of 22
daniel_lyall

@Anonymous Having an apple AppStore version of fusion is a nightmare when they had one it was always weeks behind and run like a bag of what you would not like to stand in it got to a point adsk said not to get it, it would take a big shift from apple to get it back as an Apple user I hope they leave it as it is for now it was that bad.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 18 of 22

Message 19 of 22

Definitely.

I was just going to post about Shapr. It's not that it can't be done, it's that Autodesk isn't prioritizing.

I feel that losing Bass was the beginning of the end for Autodesk.

And forget developing an iPad version of Fusion360 for a second; has Fusion 360 had any meaningful development in the past 18mo? From lack of substantive development, to eliminating free tier (as far as I can tell), it feels like Autodesk is happy to let the F360 team tread water and slowly increase revenue until something comes along to eat it's lunch and then they buy it out and make everyone transition. 21st century corporate strategy.

I see they've got all kinds of new feedback programs, but I participated in one a couple years ago and I'm fairly certain none of the stuff we discussed has yet been implemented. Maybe one of the features? 

But who knows, maybe these new feedback programs will produce better development than the old feature request forum? One thing is certain; apps like OnShape & Shapr are going to eclipse F360 if some kind of meaningful development isn't undertaken in the fairly near future.

I was hoping F360 would be closing in on SW by this point, but I haven't seen anything that improves my workflow in the past 18-24mo. A bit worrisome if you ask me.

Message 20 of 22
Anonymous

Fusion 360 on iPad Pro 2021 should have enough power to run and with keyboard, mouse and stylus support should be a great mobile design platform. Even ms and vscode is moving to a method of developing on an iPad Pro. Now just need a design app like fusion 360

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report