Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fillet not working a 1 out of 4 corners

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
iancLTBFX
281 Views, 4 Replies

Fillet not working a 1 out of 4 corners

Hi All,

Attached is a relatively simple, symetric, low-pressure molded part which will happily let me put a 3mm fillet on 3 out of the 4 corners but the 4th corner simply will not play ball. No invalid edges. A 1mm fillet works fine on the corner in question but I cannot go larger. Can't see any feature that would prevent going to 3mm.

There's a 3 degree draft on external surfaces to help ejection.

Can anyone tell me how to get around this?

Many thanks. 

Ian 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
etfrench
in reply to: iancLTBFX

• Create a mid plane.
  • Split the model in half.
  • Delete the problem side.
  • Mirror the other side.
  • Join the two bodies.

etfrench_0-1679635850386.png

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
g-andresen

hi,

try:

günther

Message 4 of 5
iancLTBFX
in reply to: g-andresen

Thanks etfrench and guenther.andresen for the quick reponses. Both great ideas and worked perfectly.

Model now fixed. Many thanks.

Seems an issue with F360 that 3 out of 4 seemingly identical corners fillet perfectly and one chucks a wobbly.

Message 5 of 5
HughesTooling

@iancLTBFX wrote:

Seems an issue with F360 that 3 out of 4 seemingly identical corners fillet perfectly and one chucks a wobbly.

I looked at your design and because you have no timeline there's no easy way to check on your work to see where the problem is coming from. Note none of your sketches are fully constrained, or even constrained at all!!

My suggestion would be in the future work with history enabled and fully constrain your sketches then if you run into a problem like this it will be easy to debug where the problem is. If it is actually a bug it can be fixed but as this design has no history no way to find where it's gone wrong.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report