Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request: Revolve steps

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Intuos5
233 Views, 2 Replies

Feature request: Revolve steps

One thing that would make modeling in Fusion a lot easier, quicker for me would be to have revolve steps. It's something that's common and basic in mesh modeling. I know there are plenty of workarounds to achieve this, but I nevertheless think it would be a valid improvement.

Here's a demo of what I mean in Blender:

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
laughingcreek
in reply to: Intuos5

the effect your seeing in blender is inherent to mesh modeling.  there's not a correlation in brep/nurbs modeling that would make any sense.  

Message 3 of 3
Intuos5
in reply to: laughingcreek

I disagree, the techniques used in mesh modeling can also benefit NURBS modeling (think of the inset command). Of course it doesn't make sense to have 32 sides and such, but for 3-8 steps, this definitely makes sense and could even serve as shortcut for modeling things like columns. Things that are triangular, square or hexogonal in base profile, but with intricate, swept details in section. And you don't need a rail to sweep along, so that's already time saved. Still I am pretty sure there are concept artists out there who would also use the higher steps to their advantage in creating segmented shapes.

Don't be too quick to dismiss mesh modeling workflows, there is still a lot that could be learnt from it and adapted towards NURBS to make modeling quicker and more intuitive (while remaining parametric).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report