Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Combine with Interference Fit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
krisvansoelen
138 Views, 2 Replies

Feature Request: Combine with Interference Fit

Hello.

This is my first time posting, so I apologize if this is in the wrong space or mislabelled, but I think it would be very helpful to have a variable when using the combine command to allow for a small gap between the tool body and the target body. Essentially, a offset of the tool body shape, so that I can create clearance for assembling the physical parts together.

Right now I am combining, and then following the faces around with the offset command, but it can be very time consuming on any shape beyond a rectangle.

If there is a different work flow I should be using to create these kind of clearances I would love to hear about that as well, but it would be great for this to be a single operation

Thanks a lot!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
etfrench
in reply to: krisvansoelen

Usually the clearance is added in the Manufacturing workspace.  If you want to do that in the Design workspace, then use formulas in parameters to define sizes.  Define a parameter called 'Clearance', then add or subtract that from the dimensions in your sketches or extrudes.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
krisvansoelen
in reply to: etfrench

Thanks ETFrench,

that does seem like a use able work around

Definitely doable.

Not quite the ease of use that I'm dreaming of, but I will try and remember to bring that into my process

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report