Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to Boolean bodies together help

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
darksky1
429 Views, 2 Replies

Failed to Boolean bodies together help

Hi all,

I keep getting a "Failed to Boolean bodies together" error and was hoping someone could suggest a fix. I am very new to Fusion 360 so I probably did not pick the best way to do this so bear with me.

I am trying to model a sword hilt to 3D print and am attempting to model on some handle wraps. The hilt is essentially a very slightly curved cylinder (oval, not a perfect circle) so I have been using sketches to extrude the wraps and cut the cross section of the extruded wraps and the sword hilt. I have then offset the surface of these new bodies to the desired height of the wraps and then thickened the surfaces inward to by the amount offset so they would become bodies. I then used the combine tool to join those new bodies with the hilt body. The problem is the very last wrap body keeps throwing up the above mentioned error. I have tried thickening it so it definitely overlaps with the surface of the hilt, I have tried combining it with the cross section body I offset it from the surface of and then combining it with the hilt body, and I have tried tweaking the offset heights and thicken heights of that piece to no success.

I have tried embossing the straps but I was not able to figure out how to get that to work. I tried something else early on but I don't remember what it was but it didn't work either and I deleted that section of my timeline.

I included the file for reference, the hilt is Body42 and the wrap that won't combine is Body63 (and is based on the surface labeled Body60 (5)).

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: darksky1

Here you go.  I just change the Combine sequence around a bit.  Model is attached.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
darksky1
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks so much! 

I'll take a look at what order you did that in because I'm pretty sure I tried combining that piece first before the others and it still failed for me. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report