Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Shell from lofted body

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
luke20042004
155 Views, 1 Reply

Failed Shell from lofted body

I have a relatively simple body with some contours on a small model of a boat that I am trying to make hollow. The shell tool refuses to work. I was successful with another boat design very similar to it and the only distinction I can make out is the isocurve lines on the top face (which is flat). On the successful one, the curves converge at the point in the front. On the current boat, the curves are just a grid and don't follow the outer curves of the boat at all. What is weird it that they do follow the boat when I only select one rail from the top profile, but once I select the second the curves just become a grid again. I've done some things since then, but just roll back the timeline. What's also weird is that I can shell from the curved part of the body, but not the flat sides, so the curved may have some discontinuity but I cannot see it nor know how to find them.

I really have no clue what is going on. I've spent a few hours trying to figure it out. Any help is appreciated.

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wersy
in reply to: luke20042004

Try with another rail in surace mode.

wersy_0-1711308560373.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report