Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing Spoilboard Board - Lead In Exceeds Limits

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
501 Views, 2 Replies

Facing Spoilboard Board - Lead In Exceeds Limits

I have a 4x8 CNC with and am trying to surface the spoil board.  I have everything else figured out, but this huge lead-in will not allow me run the program because it exceed the travel limits of the machine.  I tried turning the lead-in off and all that did was remove the little vertical ramp, it didn't make the board come down at the material edge.  I can manually jog the machine past the edge of the board, so it is physically capable of doing it, but the program wants to start about 1.5" beyond the board. How do it change it so that it plunges into the material.  I know that isn't ideal, but I am only taking .005" off of MDF, so it should be fine.Lead-in - Spoil Board.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

I will suggest you switch to 2D Adaptive Clearing to not only plunge cut to begin but to keep the tool completely within the bounds of the spoil plate.  Please check behind me on my settings.  Model is attached.

Edit: I missed your depth of cut, different model is attached.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks for the suggestion.  It worked great!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report