Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F360 in 90 minutes/Lesson 6 - having an issue with projecting/intersect

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
wvanhest
457 Views, 4 Replies

F360 in 90 minutes/Lesson 6 - having an issue with projecting/intersect

I've been trying to follow along with the new UI and so far its been ok but there is a issue with Project/Include Intersect function.

Following the steps, issue #1 is I don't get the two purple circles and the line showing that the Intersect function is working correctly. Because of the new UI I have to create a new sketch, select the face and then go into the drop down menu and select intersect.

When I try and create a line that is perpendicular I only see a centre ring and no way to project a perpendicular line and don't see the triangle denoting the centre as well. The line projects along the circular face of the object rather than what is shown in the tutorial video.

I have tried selecting and other methods but just can't seem to find out why it won't project outwards.

Apologies is there is something incredibly simple that I'm missing but have searched through the boards for an answer and can't seem to find one.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
laughingcreek
in reply to: wvanhest

can you link the video and at what time stamp you are in the tutorial?

Your description sounds like you've selected the end of that cylinder.  any projection from that is going to be circular.  To get something that looks like the last pic, (a line at the diameter) you'd have to be sketching on a plane that is parallel to the axis.

Message 3 of 5
wvanhest
in reply to: laughingcreek

Video: https://help.autodesk.com/videos/x1NW02ZjE6o5VY1e60Pv49xhHfUwryGB/video.webm

Around 1:30 into the video.

Agree, it looks like I'm selecting the circular plane but for the life of me can't seem to select the edge as he describes in the video.

Message 4 of 5
laughingcreek
in reply to: wvanhest

He starts that sketch at 1:06, selecting the xy origin plane to put the sketch on.  the intersection line is created with the project/intersect command at 1:22-1:27.  the line that is produced represents where the xy plane cuts through the face.

Message 5 of 5
wvanhest
in reply to: laughingcreek

Thank you so much for pointing that out!

Was super irritating that I missed such a small detail.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report