Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Fusion files to .glb format

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
fieldinganick
10096 Views, 10 Replies

Exporting Fusion files to .glb format

Hi all,

Facebook and Shopify both have inbuilt functionality to show 3D models, but they must be in .glb format.

I have found one or two posts online about exporting as an .obj and then converting with Paint or an online tool, but doesn't include textures. My model, which is for a product is very dependant on material appearances and decals which are lost as an obj format.

Does anyone have any idea on a straightforward way to get your Fusion 360 files to .glb format?

Much appreciated

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi man! 

Use this plug-in: https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/pt/Detail/Index?id=935621094053886114&appLang=en&os=Win64

Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
*Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
*Autodesk Fusion 360 Certified User
*Autodesk Student Ambassador
Message 3 of 11

Thanks! Next issue is that the gltf exporter does not include appearance and decals. Is there a way to export these separately and merge later?

Message 4 of 11
rbameMA3EK
in reply to: fieldinganick

This is a must have.  Not everyone wants to upgrade 3DS or Maya.  Seems like the only reason they would not add export option.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: fieldinganick

are there any updates to how to go from using Fusion 360 to process and export .obj to .glb?  Is there a better suited progam I can purchase somewhere?  Would love for the textures to stick.  I notice for the .glb there are acommpanying side car .png files that carry the "skin" for the model.  They are generated in an odd way, looks like part of some program that can export the multiple supporting .png's to make the .glb load textures/decals.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 11

Could you please let me know if I should migrate my website from Shopify to Magento so that this 3D model works or should I use some Magento extension to show 3D models.

Message 7 of 11

My solution still today is to model in Fusion 360, export the .obj file to Blender and do all the finishing and texturing there.

For decals use the shrinkwrap modifier

You can export from Blender as .glb or .gltf

Message 8 of 11

Hi @fieldinganick do you ever export multimesh/multibody components, and require these bodies to be preserved as individual meshes along with their body names when imported to Blender? This is my current requirement, and it'd be really helpful if you've any insight to share in this scenario...

Message 9 of 11

Is there any news about the his topic?

a native GLB export feature will help a lot…

usdz could be fine but very limited in audience…

Message 10 of 11

Is there any news about the his topic?

a native GLB export feature will help a lot…

usdz could be fine but very limited in audience… 

Message 11 of 11

It is frustrating, such basic feature other programs easyly handle, fusion360 still doesnt have, with no roadmap ....very frustrating.Protech's gltf exporter plugin doesnt work, and unability to export to glb or gltf with textures makes me think to change software for good...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report