Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting DXF produces weird drawing

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1644 Views, 8 Replies

Exporting DXF produces weird drawing

I am experiencing a weird problem with exported dxf file from Fusion 360.

My object looks like this:1.jpg

When I opened exported dxf file in other cad program, the fillets were displayed weird.

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

The fillets were made in Fusion 360 with G2 option turned on.

I imported the DXF back to Fusion and the file looked ok.

12.jpg

Then I made the fillets with G2 option turned off and the exported DXF file looked like this. 0.jpg

Then I imported the DXF file into Fusion and it looked the same.

2.jpg

Is there any solution? Am I doing something wrong?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
SaeedHamza
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

No my friend, you're not doing anything wrong ... It's just that the dxf doesn't handle curves nicely ...

This problem must be fixed immediately F360 Team!!!

Message 3 of 9
SaeedHamza
in reply to: SaeedHamza

@jeff_strater

Could you please issue this to the F360 Team?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: SaeedHamza

Thank you for support.

I have to update my question. Today I tried to replicate this on other PC.

But here new export of DXF - all 4 versions of dxf:

1. G2 off + Tangent Chain off

2. G2 off + Tangent Chain on

3. G2 on + Tangent Chain on

4. G2 on + tangent Chain off

from Fusion opened well in other cad program.

Only than as I saved it in dwg in that program - no changes made / just opened dxf and saved as dwg / closed file and opened it again - it acted funny.

I am trying to do a nesting file for laser cutting from acrylic material and saved it as dwg while I am making it. 

1.jpg

But this is only in both versions with G2 option turned on.

The version with G2 and Tangent Chain turned off looks OK.

Message 5 of 9
daniel_lyall

What you need to do is do a projection of the model so you have 1 sketch.

What is select project/include from the sketch menu select project, then click on the top faces of the model then makes sure the entire top faces is selected it will have a red line around each edge and click again then stop sketch right click on the sketch and select save as dxf.

The attached file is from this process and imports back into fusion fine and another program it is fine.

The other way is to use this program from the app store https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=4611814297957846949&appLang=en&os=Mac

Or this one https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=7634902334100976871&appLang=en&os=Win64

There is also the AutoCAD DXF post from the post processor library if its not there you can find it here  http://cam.autodesk.com/posts/  just put A in the search bar.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: daniel_lyall

Thank you for helping me.

I did the projection as you suggested and it opens ok in another program.

But as soon as I save this dxf as dwg, not changing anything, and close the file - and I open it again it produces the same malfunction.8.jpg 

I now strongly believe that this has to be the other programs fault.

I am talking about "another" program like a cat, walking around a hot porridge. I am opening dxf and saving it as dwg in DraftSight 2017 x64 SP3.

On the other hand I am using Fusion 360 on one another PC too - which is on another location.

Is it possible that all of this is somehow connected with my graphics cards in my PCs and they are producing this malfunctions as in your file there is no problem?

I opened your attached ghfsgfh.dxf and this version of dxf when saved as dwg opens in DS without a flaw.

On that other computer I expirienced those not parallel lines and all the funny shapes as shown in attached screenshots in my first post.

I came to this idea as on this machine that I am currently working on I can not replicate it. / dxf with not paralel lines etc. /

Here I have "only" the funny fillets. 

I am currently running Fusion 360 on Win 10 Pro, Intel i5-3570 CPU @3,4GHz, 8GB RAM, with Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 Vapor-X 1G GDDR3 graphics card.

On the other PC I currently cannot check the graphics card inserted.

Possible graphics card - driver glitch?

Or DS fault?

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 9
daniel_lyall

Is the driver on the graphics card up to date. I don't think what another computer has would affect a different computer as it is output from that computer from the cloud, I have tagged jeff in we will see what he has to say. 

@jeff_strater  Can you please help on this.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: daniel_lyall

Today I discovered that the non parallel lines generated in dxf - those weird looking objects like in my first post - are definitely connected with my graphics card / drivers in my other computer.

As soon as I came today to the other PC I was able to reproduce them. Here on this computer they can not be reproduced.

My guess is that the file is obviously generated on my faulty machine and not in the cloud.

Will have to get new graphics card, finally.

Regarding only faulty fillets, they are subject of DS problem.

The R14 dxf file generated in fusion is somehow not well accepted in DS.

I had to save it in R2000-2002 dxf file format and then it can be saved as dwg and it works like it should.

But this is their problem.

My suggestion to Fusion 360 team would be to add an option to dxf export; possibility to choose what dxf version you want to be exported, as for now I think it is R14

The latest Autodesk dxf file versions are not well accepted in other / older programs.

This could solve a lot of annoyance.

Message 9 of 9
daniel_lyall

The big problem is there are a lot of different versions of dxf's out there, so getting the dxf to work there will always be a program that fails on a imported dxf until they have one dxf type like pdf has,

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report