Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export "Client Version"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
324 Views, 2 Replies

Export "Client Version"

Hi, 

I'm new to Fusion360, very impressed with the software. I came from SketchUP so not completely unexperienced, but also have a lot to learn 🙂

Currently I'm evaluating viability of fusion for our small company, and I need some advice on an issue, I hope I can find some help here:

We work together with companys how build industrial machines for production. Most of the time we deliver a small component for these machines, an industrial-camera setup inside the machine. Often consisting out of 5-10 parts.

Now I developed some components in Fusion, very detailed so that I can let them be milled from aluminum, assemble them and sell them to the clients. Clients request often a STEP model of the finished part, so that they can plan my components inside the machine. I do not want to give them the detailed model, but a "sketched" version (i.e. the "enveloping surface")

How is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jodom4
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey andrej.sendrowski,

There are several different ways to approach this. Could you provide an example of the kind of part you're talking about so we can take a look? Attaching a STEP file here would be a good start.

Jonathan Odom
Community Manager + Content Creator
Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jodom4

Hi jodom4,

Thank you for your reply!

I uploaded one part of the construction

https://a360.co/2RxLIpP

Any advice (also global on the objekt, the more time I invest, the more I find out that there is a lot more to learn ^_°)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report