Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export DXF without construction lines

40 REPLIES 40
SOLVED
Message 1 of 41
Anonymous
16173 Views, 40 Replies

Export DXF without construction lines

I have a slightly complicated design that I'd like to export the sketch as a DXF for, and send that to a manufacturer.  I would prefer to keep all the construction lines as they would take time to remove, and I would need to refer to them for future design modifications.  The problem is, the DXF files show all lines as equal, including construction lines.  Thanks.

40 REPLIES 40
Message 41 of 41
u1
Community Visitor
in reply to: Anonymous

I have to agree with a lot of people on here about the inclusion of construction lines in the dxf. I must admit that I have only started using Fusion 360 but to me it seems a bit strange to include both the lines and construction lines in the same layer (or whatever it is called). I sometimes have to create complex footprints for components because the Altium software package that I use has a horrible interface for the design of footprints, so I am forced to use a CAD package and I have to delete the lines in the imported file.

Searching through the forums, it is still a relevant topic and people are just as confused as to why exporting a DXF file doesn't contain information about the line types.

Anyway, I hope that some Fusion 360 developer comes across this post and decides to raise it with the team that an option be present to include/exclude construction lines, and also provide those lines as a different type.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report