Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export drawings to dwg that are to scale and can edit in other cad programs

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
CasMoor
3145 Views, 9 Replies

Export drawings to dwg that are to scale and can edit in other cad programs

Hi, 

I'm working on a furniture collection and the production want sto have dwg files. 

I want to export the finished drawing with the views and dimensions as dwg file. I know you can choose export to dwg, but this results as an dwg file where the drawing is in the sheet section of autocad or other programs. But I want have it as dwg file in the model space not in the sheet workspace. 

Anybody have any tips? 

I would be great if fusion add an feature to export the drawing to autocad workspace on scale 1:1 from the drawings space in Fusion 360.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
huszak.marcell
in reply to: CasMoor

Did you try exporting sketch in .dxf? (right click on sketch) I think that way it stays in the model space.

Student Expert
Student In Industrial Design Engineering
Message 3 of 10
HughesTooling

I'm afraid your only option is to buy AutoCad Lt and use EXPORTLAYOUT to extract the 2d drawing. Don't know why they've made it so unfriendly, perhapes to sell more copies of AutoCad or to stop AutoCad losing customers. This thread has some info on using EXPORTLAYOUT.

Mark

Edit Some people have had luck using DWG TrueView to convert to an older file version then open in Draftsight.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
CasMoor
in reply to: HughesTooling

Yes, export layout with autocad will be the only option. Too bad, i would like to work with fusion 360 alone. 

Hope they will add this feature soon or announce it.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

I just ran into this issue today. I had to scale my fusion exported DWG down by a factor of 0.03937 and then back up by a factor of 10.0 to get it to come out scaled correctly. My part was 20" long and when scaled down by 0.03937, it came out to 2" long, then back up by 10 and BAM. Kind of a pain to HAVE to do that, tho....

Message 6 of 10
CasMoor
in reply to: Anonymous

Fusion added the function the drawing workspace recently.

Click on 'output and then 'output sheet as dxf'

The output is a 1:1 scale drawing. 🙂 works great for me now. Hope this work for you also, so you don't have to do rescaling everytime

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

That worked but I found an error as well. The file I was using was a DWG from Autocad 2020 and it didn't import 1:1. I think I know what's up.... Thanks for the tip, kind sir 🙂 

Message 8 of 10
g-andresen

Hi,

Project the contour to be machined into a sketch in design mode and save it* for sending.

günther

* rightclick > save as DXF

Message 9 of 10
astrid_kassens
in reply to: g-andresen

Thanks, that does work. 

But it also means a lot more work. 

This can also cause problems, you don't have multiple views together, and i can't add the extra information from the title block to the sketch this way. it means that all information needs to be send separatly, which is a high probability of errors. 

if i could just send the technical drawing in the right size/scale, all information would be together. 

or is this just not possible in fusion? 

Message 10 of 10
g-andresen
in reply to: astrid_kassens

Hallo,

just create the views in 1:1 ,  export the template via DXF or DWG and open/edit in ACAD ... .

günther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report