Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emboss text on a curved lofted surface

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rakshithb174
421 Views, 5 Replies

Emboss text on a curved lofted surface

I am trying to emboss text on a curved lofted feature. I am not sure how to create a sketch plane that follows the surface of the feature on which the text has to be embossed. I tired the emboss feature, but it was a challenge controlling precise location of the text on the curved surface. I want the text to be centered around the (imaginary) red line in the image below and follow the curve.

rakshithb174_0-1694072561682.png

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Attached is the .f3d file.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
g-andresen
in reply to: rakshithb174

Hi,

here´s one way.

For optimization, you could create a spline as a path "by feel" instead of the profile offset and move it towards the ideal shape step by step.

günther

Message 3 of 6
g-andresen

Hi,

in the screencast I show how you can influence the orientation of a tangential plane and thus the orientation of the embossing by (slightly) moving a point.

günther

Message 4 of 6
rakshithb174
in reply to: g-andresen

Thanks! this is a neat solution. 

You mentioned about using spline as a path instead of lofts to create that curved feature. Can you share an example? is this considered 3d sketch? usually sweep along a path results in same cross section or slightly tapered, but IMO lofting has little more control. 

Message 5 of 6
g-andresen

H

@rakshithb174 wrote:

You mentioned about using spline as a path instead of lofts to create that curved feature. 

I meant the path for the text.
In the screencast I show the procedure.

günther

Message 6 of 6
rakshithb174
in reply to: g-andresen

Thanks! Easier way to position text on a the surface. The default arrows in emboss tool is slow and direction/freedom limited

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report