Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emboss Of SVG on Curved Surface becoming squiggly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
bc_187
294 Views, 6 Replies

Emboss Of SVG on Curved Surface becoming squiggly

Hey all, 

I have a very particular problem. So I have a model with a curved surface. I crest a construction plane above the surface and create a sketch, then i insert my svg and resize and position it. I finish my sketch then I go to emboss and shift click the inside portions to emboss it down onto the curved surface (so it follows the curve). 

This all works but when I finish the emboss the straight lines become all squiggly and misshapen. 

I can extrude without issue however and they remain straight it's only when using the embossing function. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
etfrench
in reply to: bc_187

Without pictures or file, it's a guessing game.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
bc_187
in reply to: etfrench

I will upload the file and some pictures right now 

Message 4 of 7
jhackney1972

Attach the SVG file as well.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
bc_187
in reply to: jhackney1972

sorry for the stupid names I thought I would get it on there quickly while I try to figure out how to do a screen capture. In the below photo that is where I am trying to place the svg emboss in the middle

bc_2_0-1694797764020.png

bc_2_1-1694797851302.png

NVM I think I figured it out. I had to unselect this option called tangent chain whatever that means.

bc_2_2-1694797997882.png

This is with tangent chain off. ^

bc_2_3-1694798040065.png

This is with Tangent Chain on ^

Message 6 of 7
jhackney1972

I created two models.  One is with the Emboss Command, as you probably used and one is an Extrusion then I cut off the top of the extrusion using an offset surface of the top of the key.  Both are 1mm raised surface.  I do not see much difference but you can decide.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
bc_187
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank you I'll have a look when I get home. Appreciate all the help. I got one more question - related. Would it be possible to stack svgs and emboss on each other on the same fixed position creating *layers* with different Z heights 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report