Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit sketch dimensions in Solidworks file

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
larsNR7Y2
1186 Views, 3 Replies

Edit sketch dimensions in Solidworks file

Hello,

I got sent a file from a friend that I'm trying to edit but however I try to edit or create sketches I will over constrain and not be able to edit any dimensions, and since there is no timeline I'm kinda stumped on how to edit dimensions on an imported file from Solidworks. I've attached the file, ideas?

Thank you, Lars

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: larsNR7Y2

I examined the file in SolidWorks.

Apparently whoever modeled this in SolidWorks does not know how to use a CAD program.

You can either use direct editing techniques or additional sketching as required.

Frankly, I would use this only as reference and recreate the part from scratch in Fusion using proper modeling techniques.  Should take less than 10 minutes of effort.  If you have trouble - File>Export and then Attach your *.f3d file here and I can show how to model the part.

Message 3 of 4
g-andresen

Hi,

here is a little help to go the way of @TheCADWhisperer 
Step 1 > activate design history!

regards 

günther

Message 4 of 4
larsNR7Y2

Thanks to both of you, I'll redo the part and get it right the first time around.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report