Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCAD users?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
colin.smith
466 Views, 4 Replies

eCAD users?

Hey Forum members, 

Anyone other there using Fusion360 in combination with an eCAD solution?

If so, which eCAD solution are you using?

Thanks

Colin

Colin Smith
Sr. Product Manager
SketchBook
Alias Create VR (aka Project Sugarhill)
Automotive & Conceptual Design Group
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I am assuming you mean Software like Eagle PCB. The ability to turn a PCB design into a 3d representation for electronics packaging would be nice. The higher end software like Alitum Designer have special modules for this.
There is not much available at the lower end of the spectrum. I am only aware of one plugin for Sketchup that provides some rather nice possibilities called Eagleup https://eagleup.wordpress.com
I'd say for the F360 market segment there are mostly 3 software packages of interest.
Eagle PCB,
Diptrace,
KiCad,

Altium, the company that creates Altium Designer has decided to breathe life into a new tool called Circuit Maker that is somewhat similar in concept to Fusion 360 with data being in the cloud. That software has the potential to change that market segment as it offers much more intuitive workflow combined with powerful tool compared to the defacto industry standard in the lower level market segment Eagle PCB.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
prabakarm
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Have you played with circuits io from Autodesk or tools like upverter.  If so, any thoughts?

http://123d.circuits.io/

Message 4 of 5
TrippyLighting
in reply to: prabakarm

No , I have not used any of these tools. The High Power RGB LED driver for my own projects and all of my other needs are served well with Eagle PCB aside from the tool driving me nuts sometimes as its somewhat awkward to operate. Electronics packaging does not play such a big role for my currnt LED lighting pojects with the biggest one spanning 14 feet 😉

I had not heard of Upverter and despite the fact that it claims that elite EDA designers use the tool, the Industry standard in the upper price range is Altium Design. I will see if I can find a reference to the tool on the EEVblog. Until most recently there has been no real competitor for Eagle, particulalrly on the Mac platform As I mentioned in my previous post Circuit Maker from Altium could really be a game changer particularly in the Maker and open hardware scene.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
O.Tan
in reply to: prabakarm

Neat, never knew Autodesk has such product as well

Omar Tan
Malaysia
Mac Pro (Late 2013) | 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 | 12GB 1.8 GHz DDR3 ECC | Dual 2GB AMD FirePro D300
MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2016) | 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16GB 2.1 GHz LPDDR3 | 4GB AMD RadeonPro 460
macOS Sierra, Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report