Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing of a wheel rim

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
siebe_hoff
216 Views, 1 Reply

drawing of a wheel rim

Hello,

I am trying to dimension a wheel rim in Fusion. 

vraag.JPG

I have some questions about it.

• The section on the right first was angled because of the angle of the section. Is there a way to project this vertically and in another position than perpendicular to the secion line?
  • About the section views. Is there a way to draw a center line for the entire wheel, meaning at the bottom of the section? And I would then also like to make the dimensions on the right diameters instead of radii. I have seen this in drawings but I can't figure out how to do it.
  • Is there a way to place the center mark pattern without the dotted line across the entire diameter?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jhackney1972
in reply to: siebe_hoff

@siebe_hoff wrote:

I have some questions about it.

• The section on the right first was angled because of the angle of the section. Is there a way to project this vertically and in another position than perpendicular to the secion line?

I would not recommend a Section View to the center in this case.  Use a Offset Section as shown in the screen capture below.  If you do ever need to Rotate a view, you can do it using the Rotate command.  When using the command pay close attention to the Reference option in the dialog box.

Rotate.jpg

• About the section views. Is there a way to draw a center line for the entire wheel, meaning at the bottom of the section? And I would then also like to make the dimensions on the right diameters instead of radii. I have seen this in drawings but I can't figure out how to do it.

As I mentioned above, I would not use a half section here.  If you ever need to add a center line, you will have to use the Sketch command under the Create menu.

• Is there a way to place the center mark pattern without the dotted line across the entire diameter?

No, there is not an option for this but there is no reason to do it.  The full center mark pattern is created for clarity and you want it to go full circle

Thanks!

Recommended Annotation.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report