Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Dimensions Don't Match Model

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ruafrog
162 Views, 3 Replies

Drawing Dimensions Don't Match Model

Forgive me if this is a basic question but I'm new to fusion 360.

My model dimensions don't match my drawing dimensions.  For example I have a 5 inch line in the model but in the drawing this translates to 4.08 inches. This hasn't happened in previous designs so not sure what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
HughesTooling
in reply to: ruafrog

You'll need to share the 2d drawing. If it's OK to share, export just the 2d drawing as an fz3 and attached it to your next message. EDIT, Note exporting the 2d drawing will create a fz3 file containing the part and the drawing.

Only guess without seeing the design is, is to view in the 2d drawing parallel to the part you're trying to dimension?

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
ruafrog
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thanks Mark! This made me hit the light bulb switch!

I think the issue is that my drawing was of the 3D model, not 2D. When I changed to the 2D view on the drawing the dimensions are correct. I assume there the 3D model doesn't properly translate?

Message 4 of 4
laughingcreek
in reply to: ruafrog

@ruafrog wrote:

...I assume there the 3D model doesn't properly translate?

it properly translates.  it's not being properly queried.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report