Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dont see the "flat pattern" drop down

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
paulMVAJU
382 Views, 7 Replies

Dont see the "flat pattern" drop down

I am not sure if the issue is me being new or a limit of the personal license. 

I am watching the video on how to create a drawing.  https://youtu.be/QJG6jjWT8xY

After bringing in the isometric drawing, he then picks, "create base view". Then the drop-down has an option for "flat pattern". When I do it all I get is "model". Here is a screenshot from the video and mine. Also, I have included my project.  https://a360.co/3XoiP0K

I am modeling a base was some stiffing edges. Once I get this working there are more pieces. 

paulMVAJU_0-1673384088280.png

paulMVAJU_1-1673384371780.png

Labels (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
laughingcreek
in reply to: paulMVAJU

have you made a flat pattern in the design workspace?

Message 3 of 8
paulMVAJU

Is this what you are asking? Again, I am new to sheet metal and drawing, so my terminology may be suspect. 🙂 My total experience for 360 is modeling for 3d prints, until now.  🙂

paulMVAJU_0-1673387277146.png

Message 4 of 8
jhackney1972

With a Personal Fusion 360 license, you cannot share a model and allow download.  Please attach your model directly to a reply post.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 8
paulMVAJU
in reply to: jhackney1972

Sorry, did not know that.

Here it is.

Message 6 of 8
jhackney1972

Take a look at the video paying close attention to what you select to create the drawing.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 8
jhackney1972

Sorry, I accidentally had my mic off on the recording, try this one.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 8 of 8
paulMVAJU
in reply to: jhackney1972

Yes, it did, kind of.  🙂

I can get the flat pattern into the drawing now.

In the video, it did the model first. Then while in the drawing, he clicked on "Create Base View" and did the "flat pattern". (Maybe I am missing something from the youtube video).

So by accident when I tried what you did, and selected the "flat pattern" like in your (@jhackney1972) video I notice I could change the new to the drawing name. When I did that, it did move the "flat pattern" in and started working, kind of. Not being able to do it like the youtube video, is that a limit of the personal license?

No big deal either way. 

A guy at church has a machine shop and I was going to ask him to bend it for me. I was trying to get something so I could communicate to him what I was asking so if the scope is too much for a favor he can tell me. 🙂

paulMVAJU_0-1673390355550.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report