Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designing with parameters - how to create a customisable socket holder

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
156 Views, 1 Reply

Designing with parameters - how to create a customisable socket holder

Hi, 

I'm starting to appreciate the parameters function and how it makes a design easily adaptable. I've now come across a model that I suspect may have a better solution that the one that I've used. Hope you can help guide me in the right direction. 

I'm trying to build a customizable socket holder for wrenches. A socket typically comes if a kit of various sizes. As an example, the smallest may have a diameter of 8mm and the largest 34 mm. In the kit there are 14 sockets, resulting in sizes 8 mm, 10, 12, 14 ... up to 34 mm etc. 

In parameters, I would like to define the smallest diameter (eg. 8mm), the largest diameter (eg. 34mm), and the number of sockets (eg. 14 units). And then have Fusion 360 create a set of circles with a defined distance in between. 

How do I best go about doing this? Is it even feasible?

Below is a visual example of the first three sockets sketched up. Screenshot 2020-08-31 at 20.57.49.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
laughingcreek
in reply to: Anonymous

the difficult part will be having the number of sockets be variable.  I can't think of a way off hand to have the qty AND the size of each vary with parameter.

if you design around a specific number of sockets this is pretty easy.  here's an example.-

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report