Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designing curved part which needs to align to mesh

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
r.memelinkQ4KF4
165 Views, 1 Reply

Designing curved part which needs to align to mesh

Hello all,

I'm quite new to Fusion (used to design in Solidworks) and I need some help.

Also my first ever post to such a forum.

My problem:

I scanned the inside of my van with a 3d scanner and loaded in the result to Fusion.

I want to create a body which aligns to this mesh.

The purpose of the component is to serve as protection of the body of my van.

So the component needs to curve according to the curvature of the scanned mesh.

However the component then also need to align with the holes in the body (so I can connect the component to the van). Then the final part. I want to cut this component on my cnc mill. So i will need to make a DXF out of this component.

I added the 3D scan and a image of what the part should look like (Red is the outline of the part, yellow are the holes which need to align)

It all is a lot I know, so i hope someone could at least steer me in the right direction.

Kind regards,

Robin

Labels (4)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

To follow a mesh while modeling in Fusion 360, there are tools to help you do that, for example, the most accurate one is to use "create mesh section sketch" tool in the mesh workspace, this will generate a sketch from the intersection of the sketch plane with the mesh, and when you enter that sketch "edit sketch", you'll see an option in the create menu called "fit curves to mesh section", which will allow you to convert the intersections to editable sketch curves.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report