Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designed myself into a corner

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Fueler
285 Views, 1 Reply

Designed myself into a corner

Imagine a plate with a rectangle in the middle.

I got the whole thing designed and simmed out and then remembered I need two holes smack in the middle of the rectangle hole.

These 2 holes are for holding the center piece while the rectangle is being cut out.

Should have done 2 setups I suppose.

Looking for ideas on how I can put these at the beginning without starting from scratch.

My only idea at the moment is to make a project just for those 2 holes.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
etfrench
in reply to: Fueler

I'm assuming you're in the CAM module.  If you just need a toolpath for two holes, the easiest way is to create a sketch with the two holes in the Modeling workspace.  In the CAM workspace and in the same setup you're using for the rectangle, create the drill operation using the sketch holes as input.

You can also add the holes to the model in the Modeling workspace and use those for the drilling operation in the CAM workspace.  There is no need for a new setup.

Depending on how your CNC machine is setup, you may need to create separate post operations for the rectangle and the holes.  I use LinuxCNC with manual tool changes, so I use separate post operations for each tool change.

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report