Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

design history not highlighting features after a body is converted to component

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
WyzeOwl
253 Views, 2 Replies

design history not highlighting features after a body is converted to component

Recently, I have noticed that Fusion does not highlight features (3 dots above the design feature) in the design history timeline after a body has been converted to a component. Features that "pre-date" a component creation command are hidden from the "find" ability of fusion.  This behaviour goes both ways in that if hovering over a feature in history, that feature does not highlight in the model.  If I move the slider to before the create component command, the features in the model will then be visible to the highlight ability of Fusion.

In years of using Fusion, I have never seen this issue and in thinking back I am sure I must have followed the same work flow (bodies to components after investment in design time) without running into this Other than following a methodology of always create a component before investing too much time in a body only design, is there a way to turn this feature highlighting back on after a body is converted to a component?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: WyzeOwl

I am fairly certain that Fusion has always worked this way.  It is just a limitation in the feature identification code that, once a body has been converted to a component, the features lose the ability to track their geometry.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3
WyzeOwl
in reply to: jeff_strater

Yes, I remember watching a video years ago by (can't remember his name) who was demonstrating how to do Fusion. In that video he mentioned that best practice was to always create a component first, then start modeling. I am sure in that demo the presenter must have stated various good reasons for that work flow which must have included avoiding this issue. Thanks for the reply Jeff.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report