Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design a non-curved path in 3D space

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
372 Views, 2 Replies

Design a non-curved path in 3D space

Hello Community,

to create a 3D model that will be printed partially with conductive filament, I need the possibilty to create the conductive "wires" inside a model (among several panes) but not as splines.
The splines only add trouble and aren't optimal to print either.
In fact I would just like to crate a path (which I can equip later with the wire/cable-tool) by defining points in 3D space freely and then just connect them without any curved interpolation.

Can that be done with Fusion 360?

Huge thanks in advance!

Greetings,
Alex

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

The Line command can also create 3D lines (if the "3D" option is turned on).  The functionality is not great, you cannot dimension those lines, or constrain them, other than coincident to model vertices and work points.  But, you can do a certain amount of 3D work with Line.  Give it a try...

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3

@jeff_strater wrote:

The functionality is not great, you cannot dimension those lines, or constrain them, other than coincident to model vertices and work points.

Right, but you can easily create offset planes with construction geometry that can be dimensioned and then project them into your 3D sketch and draw lines between these projected points. That way you can create fully parametric 3D lines. It's a good bit more work than a straight dimensioned 3D sketch but it will allow you to achieve your goal.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report