Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derive and duplicated parts

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MariusBaard
134 Views, 1 Reply

Derive and duplicated parts

Derive from sheet metal parts that have no flat pattern. Why can't I choose the second copy of the parts? Do I always have to duplicate them as I can't select the second copy from my design?

When you use the flat pattern it will select the part but loses all the info about the part.

Can someone explain this to me, please?

Tags (1)
Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MariusBaard
in reply to: MariusBaard

Sheet metal flat patterns work ok, would be nice to use its original name maybe in (brackets) but sheet metal pieces that do not bend will not take more than 1 set and you have to manually duplicate them. Now I can take the flat pattern of those parts but then I lose all the other info like description and makes your new properties absolute. Can something be done to make this all work better together like one would expect an awesome program like Fusion 360 to do?

Here is the screencast.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/404f2754-19eb-493c-88f8-7375fd71f76a

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report