Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate/Change default selection behaviour

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dilarien
542 Views, 6 Replies

Deactivate/Change default selection behaviour

Is there a way to deactivate this "from X corner to X corner" depended selection behaviour? Can't name it thats why I don't find the specific topic I guess. Can't describe how annoying this is for me. I'm long time max worker and like to use Alt/Shift to dictate what is been selected and what not. Hope there is a config for that. 

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

@dilarien 
There is a selection method drop down in the toolbar, so can choose your preferred selection method quickly.

you can also set up a keyboard shortcut that suits your need..

95D974BC-5132-49FD-A91D-25C5C182E88C.jpeg

• @dilarien wrote:

Is there a way to deactivate this "from X corner to X corner" depended selection behaviour? Can't name it thats why I don't find the specific topic I guess. Can't describe how annoying this is for me. I'm long time max worker and like to use Alt/Shift to dictate what is been selected and what not. Hope there is a config for that. 

@dilarien wrote:

Message 3 of 7
g-andresen
in reply to: dilarien

Hi,

please show such an action in a screencast.

günther

Message 4 of 7

Thanks. Of course I know that menu and if the option would be in there I wouldn't ask here. Just to be clear what function I mean since it seems not obvious enough.

The selection rectangle behaves differently if one draws it from the right top to the left bottom then from left bottom to right top. It is even differently shaded. I know a lot of CAD folks love it. What I need is to deactivate this behaviour so it's no matter from which corner I draw the selection window it always behaves the same. Hope that makes it clear.

Message 5 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: dilarien

The behavior you are speaking of is called "Crossing Window" when you left mouse button drag right to left and "Included Window" when you left mouse button drag left to right.  There is no way to turn off this behavior or restrict it to one method, if you are in the window selection mode.  

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7

@dilarien 

I agree with @jhackney1972 ( thanks for the nomenclature! ) there is no way to change that in the standard module..

You may be able to create a custom selection object (with the API) that forces the include/crossing option when in window selection mode.

Which one is it that you prefer, Crossing or Included? ( I have not used 3DS in a while, please help me out there...)

Message 7 of 7

Puh thats really bad. I'm stunned ok. Well I couldn't find the option but I also couldn't believe it. The selection behaviour I'm speaking about we know all of the 90' early computer age at least for Windows. Select with window, add with Ctrl and deselect partial with Alt. This is the way MAX handles it since it was allowed to smoke in planes. 

So you say just coding possible? Is it the same way Inventor handles the selection behavior? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report