Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutting Solid

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jbranch9814
387 Views, 1 Reply

Cutting Solid

I'd like to cut the highlighted profile into the solid body below it, what's the best method to go about this? In other CAD/ CAM software I've used, you can just select the geometry and project it into the surface, maybe I'm overlooking the procedure, any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
etfrench
in reply to: jbranch9814

I'm assuming you want the profile of the extrusion to match the highlighted profile.

The Combine|Intersect operation should do what you want.  You will end up with two or more bodies.  Just delete/remove the unneeded ones.

Another method is to draw a closed set of lines larger than the profile in the same sketch, then select the area outside of the original profile and use the Extrude|Cut operation.

If you want an internal cutout that matches the highlighted profile, then just use the highlighted profile as the base of the Extrude|Cut operation .

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report