Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create custom symbols to place in Fusion 360 drawing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Aadithya01
1789 Views, 6 Replies

Create custom symbols to place in Fusion 360 drawing

Hey Guys ,

Is it possible to create custom symbols to place in Fusion 360 drawing. Please see the below image where one of my customer wants to place this type of ballooned symbol in his Fusion 360 drawing . 

12345.jpg

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: Aadithya01

Hi @Aadithya01, We don't currently have the ability to add custom symbols.

What standard do those balloon styles adhere to? Is there a reason they cannot use the ASME / ISO standard balloon styles we currently offer?

Thanks,

Timera

Message 3 of 7
Aadithya01
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Hi Timera ,

The ballooning style which currently Fusion 360 has is for identifying the corresponding parts with respect to the Bill of Materials .

But my customer why he needs those custom symbols is to tell the people at the machine shop to inspect those dimensions in that corresponding order immediately after the part has been manufactured . That is what the image is all about.  And every company has their own standard of showing that in the drawing.  

Kindly try to bring this ability in Fusion 360 atleast in future

Regards

Aadithya

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Why hasn't this been developed yet? I'm a paying customer and like a great deal about fusion but the 2d representation is so frustrating. There are so many nuances and different standard that shops and clients need for successful job sales and execution. I just want to make a wood grain direction symbol and I have to edit in illustrator just to do this which takes away the whole dynamic updating perk with working in fusion. This is an autodesk product... the experts in 2d representation tools... its been so many years and such slow progress in this area....  I'm just exhausted already from posting here and asking for updates I had a previous account with my previous company as well...

Message 5 of 7
oganm

Attached is a picture of about 1/2 of the custom sketch symbols I use in Inventor daily.  Entire library is well over 200 with very little redundancy.  Seeing this thread is 3 years old, are there any plans to add similar function to Fusion 360?  This is one of, perhaps the most useful unique feature Inventor offers me that other CAD options lack (of I haven't figured out).  Absolute deal breaker for my company.  Curious if Autodesk has any plans for a solution to replace custom sketch symbols somehow in Fusion.

Message 6 of 7

Same.  The world isn't giving up paper anytime soon.  So...we need the ability to create blocks/sketch symbols to properly document the drawings according to our standards.

Message 7 of 7
jlarsonLP454

Bump

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report