Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create A Smooth Loft

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
CDNGADESIGN
1627 Views, 10 Replies

Create A Smooth Loft

Hello! 

I am having difficulty creating a smooth loft on the attached file without weird edge lines at the transitions. I am fairly new to Fusion 360, so any assistance would be appreciated. I have included an image of what I am modeling. 

Labels (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
g-andresen
in reply to: CDNGADESIGN

Hi,

Oh, but this is a "very suitable object" for the start with Fusion.
But the information is very sparse.
Shall we guess what you want to create where and what it should look like?

I have the impression that you should first deal with the basic tools for surfaces and bodies.

günther

Message 3 of 11
CDNGADESIGN
in reply to: g-andresen

I suppose I should have checked to make sure I had my basic surfaces in there. I have updated and included. The issue I am having is the transition from the forward nose section to the windscreen area. I get a couple of edges that do not translate well. 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 11
g-andresen

Hi,

try this.

I leave the assessment of the transitions to the nose and any necessary changes to you.

günther

Message 5 of 11
CDNGADESIGN

Thanks for this, but not quite what I was looking for. I've attached a picture of the area I am trying to smooth. CL215.3 v1.png 

Message 6 of 11
g-andresen

Hi,

"This is fun."
Insufficient information, names in the file without explanation, and then the response that it's not what you wanted to know.
In the future, remember to create a sufficient base for solution statements.

günther

Message 7 of 11
CDNGADESIGN

I’m still very new to Fusion 360 and this forum, so patience is appreciated. I rarely reach out to the community for assistance. 

Message 8 of 11
g-andresen

Hi,

@CDNGADESIGN wrote:

, so patience is appreciated. 

I took that into account in my answers.
But if a request for additional information is not complied with, there is no base for constructive assistance.

I cannot continue this question-and-answer game indefinitely.

günther

Message 9 of 11
laughingcreek

@CDNGADESIGN -read through this recent thread, which address some of the issues your running into.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-design-validate/problem-creating-a-complex-shell/m-p/96815...

for the immediate problem, the profiles for the 2 lofts that meet at that edge are both formed from a sketch.  in order to control the curvature condition of a loft that meets another loft, you have to use an edge of the surface for the profile, not a sketch.  this sometimes requires a bit of work to get the edge broken up in a way it can be used.

another thing to keep in mind is that lofting a double curve surace in the same go as a ruled surface can sometime produce sub-optimum curvature, so you may need to re-evaluate how you are breaking up your surfacing operations.

Annotation 2020-08-12 162720.jpg

Message 10 of 11

I was trying to insert this pic after the first paragragh in previous post, but the forum keeps deleting it.

laughingcreek_0-1597267850636.png

Message 11 of 11
CDNGADESIGN
in reply to: laughingcreek

Thanks for this! I think it will be a big help. If I can figure this out, I'll try to post my solution. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report